Undulation will continue to be strong for the pre-patch period but Unleash Life now has a lot of value since our artifact traits have been turned off. It has a decent upfront heal and combos well with Chain Heal. High Tide is the default tier 100 talent since Ancestral Guidance is gone and therefore Ascendance loses a lot of value. You will want to take Echo of the Elements in their 30 to combo with Cloudburst Totem in tier 90. Check out the new Battle for Azeroth talent guide for more details.
Insignia of the Grand Army has been redesigned to provide a flat 2% healing and damage increase. This is still mostly an irrelevant legendary.
Amanthul’s Vision is not a real legendary, as you can equip it together with 2 other legendaries. This will be your best Trinket option if you ever happen to get it.
After a great Tier 20, we get a equally great Tier 21 set, which doesn’t involve any RNG this time.
- Item – Shaman T21 Restoration 2P Bonus – When you cast Healing Rain, up to 6 allies within its area are immediately healed for (225% of Spell power). This is called Rainfall.
- Item – Shaman T21 Restoration 4P Bonus – Healing Wave and Healing Surge casts have a 100% chance to heal a player standing in your Healing Rain for 40% of the amount. This is called Downpour.
- You will want to upgrade straight from Tier 20 – 4 piece to Tier 21 – 4 piece unless you can gain a lot (5+ overall) itemlevel, then upgrading to Tier 21 – 2 piece is also an option.
- Do not straight up drop Tier 20 – 4 piece until you can gain Tier 21.
- Drop Tier 20 – 2 piece as soon as you break 4 piece, as it is quite useless alone.
Combining the sets (4T20 and 2T21) is possible, but generally weaker than just using T21, unless you have really high titanforged Tier 20.
Stats and Gearing
Go for item level. Intellect has doubled to tripled in value with the new stat squish. Crit is still our best secondary stat followed closely by the other three.
Don’t stress out about stats too much, the correct spell selection on the right person will do so much more to help your performance than trying to min/max stats. There are no percentages to aim for.
Go for pure item level as the effects of relics no longer matter.
From best to worst food: