The newcomer Insignia of the Grand Army is, even with the best relics you can get, one of the worst legendaries sadly. With it being at best a 1.5% throughput increase from its legendary effect, it finds itself at the bottom tier of legendaries, as with most traits it will perform even worse.
Amanthul’s Vision is not a real legendary, as you can equip it together with 2 other legendaries. This will be your best Trinket option if you ever happen to get it.
After a great Tier 20, we get a equally great Tier 21 set, which doesn’t involve any RNG this time.
- Item – Shaman T21 Restoration 2P Bonus – When you cast Healing Rain, up to 6 allies within its area are immediately healed for (225% of Spell power). This is called Rainfall.
- Item – Shaman T21 Restoration 4P Bonus – Healing Wave and Healing Surge casts have a 100% chance to heal a player standing in your Healing Rain for 40% of the amount. This is called Downpour.
- You will want to upgrade straight from Tier 20 – 4 piece to Tier 21 – 4 piece unless you can gain a lot (5+ overall) itemlevel, then upgrading to Tier 21 – 2 piece is also an option.
- Do not straight up drop Tier 20 – 4 piece until you can gain Tier 21.
- Drop Tier 20 – 2 piece as soon as you break 4 piece, as it is quite useless alone.
Combining the sets (4T20 and 2T21) is possible, but generally weaker than just using T21, unless you have really high titanforged Tier 20.
Stats and Gearing
The best way to gear is to equip your Legendaries of choice, tier pieces and your highest itemlevel pieces in the other armor slots. Balance out stats with Jewelry as needed, usually avoiding Mastery. As most of the Gear is decided by titanforging, a Best-in-slot list is next to impossible and thus will not be provided.
Drape of Shame usually is valued at around 15 itemlevel, this depends on a lot of factors but it is generally not worth farming. If you do happen to get it, note that this value is specifically for the back slot – as soon as you try to shuffle around other gear slots this evaluation falls apart.
Don’t stress out about stats too much, the correct spell selection on the right person will do so much more to help your performance than trying to min/max stats. There are no percentages to aim for.
As with relics, trinkets can be found in the Spreadsheet with the option to change itemlevel if you make a copy. As to the 2 great Tomb trinkets, The Deceivers Grand Design is still great as long as you can make effective use of the active – but Sea Star has a lot of mythic encounters where you’re either too spread or don’t cast enough Chain Heal to make effective use out of its active.
Luckily there are Trinkets to replace your current ones, the most nameworthy being Highfathers for any encounter where your raid is regularly in danger.
- Lemon Herb Filet or Sugar Crusted Fish Feast (475 Versatility)
- Lavish Suramar Feast (500 Intellect)
- The Hungry Magister (375 Crit)